Identifying your ducks (ideas, tasks, roles) gives you the foundation to make an informed decision. There are three strategies to gather information: collect data, brainstorm, and research. Ask yourself, “Have I collected all of the data, brainstormed with knowledgeable individuals, and conducted enough research to support my conclusion?”
Collect Data duck-provoking questions
- What sources of data have you used outside your industry, and what value does it provide to you?
- What is your current process for determining legitimate sources of data in your organization’s industry?
Brainstorm duck-provoking questions
- What strategies can you use during a group brainstorming session to keep an open mind?
- Describe the most effective setting for you to brainstorm individually.
Research duck-provoking questions
- How do you begin the process of researching?
- How do you know when you have completed enough research on each option you are considering?
Be a LEADER, and move ideas to action using Producktivity®, a unique, interactive personal and professional organizational tool that assists individuals and organizations with improving their decision making and time management skills. Guiding Principles: Identify. Connect. Organize.